To be a dividend investor requires patience. And patience is powered by having obtainable goals. Here you can see my goals towards financial independence. To keep the impatience in check, I have also made some secondary goals to achieve along the way.
To reach financial independence – This means to have a passive income covering my expenses and living costs. Right now that would require 6000 $ per month.
Have a dividend portfolio with shares in 10 different companies(February 2019)
- Have a dividend portfolio with shares in 50 different companies
- Receive dividends worth of 100 $ in a year
- Receive dividends worth of 100 $ in one month
- Have 4 quarterly or 1 annual paying stock paying every month of the year (read more about dividend carpet bombing)
- Own shares in 100 different companies
- Own stocks from all dividend kings
- Own stocks from all dividend aristocrats
- Hit a rocket stock which increases it’s value of more than 1000 % over the years
- Have enough monthly paying dividend stocks paying enough dividend to buy additional monthly paying stocks. (I currently have a minimum required trade size of 155 $)